Redesigned from the base up, the Völkl Kenja 88 Skis are lighter, snappier, and easier to initiate into the turn than before, but still have that trademark Völkl precision when pushed hard. Awesome features include the new Titanal Frame design, which uses a framework of metal around the tip and tail, lightweight carbon tips, and a revised 3D Radius sidecut.Features
- Tip & Tail Rocker – Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle.
- 3 Radius Sidecut – Three radii in one ski for maximum turning and speed versatility in all mountain skiing: long at the tip and tail and shorter underfoot.
- Multi Layer Woodcore – The combination of beech and poplar results in an extremely durable wood core composed of hard wood in the binding area and lighter wood surrounding it.
- Titanal Frame – Metal, yes, but less of it and only around the perimeter of the tip and tail, to retain the performance advantages of Titanal with less weight.
- Carbon.Tip – Tip material layup for high reliability/stability at the lightest possible weight.
- Full Sidewall – Full length sidewalls provide optimal power transmission for the length of the ski.
- P-Tex 2100 Base – A sintered high-density and high molecular polyethylene base with great gliding characteristics and high durability.
- We recommend a brake width equal to or at most 15 mm wider than the ski waist width.