The 2020 Rome Katana snowboard binding takes Romes's best technology & features available to create a binding that has revolutionised binding design & performance. During 2016 the Katana was awarded a Snowboard Magazine Platinum Pick due to its versatility in killing it in any conditions, regardless of riding styles whilst maintaining light-weight comfort.
The Katana is the most customizable binding in the Rome line & uses a unique Asymwrap heel loop which weighs substantially less, whilst offering a new level of response and board feel. The Asymwrap raises the opposite corners of your bindings just a few millimetres off the flat base allowing your board to flex more naturally and increase your toe to heel response, so all the effort you put in to your turns is transferred directly to your board's edges.
A new highback for 2019 redefines the Katana's flex profile. Rome's Asym FlexChannel Highback, made from powerful glass-filled nylon, features a single diagonal flex slot. The result is heelside response that has support where you need it and has flexibility on the inside top corners for enhanced tweak and smooth flow.
Rome's Pivotmount strap mounting system allows you to position the UltraLight ankle strap in different positions to find the perfect fit for your boots & the level of performance to meet your riding style. Ride it lower over your boot for maximum flexibility, move it up higher for increased toeside response, or keep it in the middle for a traditional feel.
The UltraLight strap uses a superlight 3D pad that locks together with a supportive midsection piece. This means as you tighten the two straps, they engage and conform to your boots shape giving incredible control without having to crank down your strap. This combined with the new AuxGrip 2.0 Toe straps - the most advanced toe straps on the market. Using a single piece, injected design, paired with a unique auxetic pattern that stretches and conforms to pressure, these straps are
more durable and provide better grip no matter the boot.
The Katana features Rome's D3O V-Rod SubBase Pad for an extra smooth and comfortable ride. D3O offers incredible impact protection and is used in body armour thanks to its unique properties that allow it to absorb up 30% more energy than conventional padding, resulting in a super smooth chatter free binding that can absorb even the biggest landings with this incredible impact protection material.
The Katana features and industry leading 1.56% of baseplate contact with the V-Rod Ultralight base plate. This minimises contact between you binding and your board and provides edge to edge power with a freestyle flex from strategical thickness differences in under foot foam.
Rome have crammed so many great innovations into this binding, this includes the Cant-in-the-back technology allowing the highback to be set to 0°, 3° & 6° of canting for wider stance options. As well as a canting highback, you can switch between 0° and 2.5° of canting underfoot on fly with tool free canting adjustment.
Canted footbeds also help to relieve pressure off of your knees and allow a better contact with the board, plus Rome use a D30 Heel insert in the footbed to improve impact absorption and to reduce harsh bumps and chatter.
The Katana is a huge Rome team favourite & the binding of choice for riders around the globe that look for tweakable, light-weight performance in any situation.Features
- Asym FlexChannel Highback - A new Asym Channel highback is still flexible, but Rome have increased its response slightly for cleaner heelside response. A new asym flex channel combines with 14% glass-filled nylon to up the precision further still
- Asymwrap Heel Cup - Revolutionary design, The antisymmetric heel cup offers incredible response, energy transmission and side to side flex. Rome have also been able to drastically reduce the weight due to the asymmetric shape and profiled coring whilst maintaining unmatched strength and durability
- Tool-Free Yes, I Cant System - Cant your baseplate inwards to give a more natural and comfortable stance with two tool free options at 0° and 2.5° with the advantage of being able to change it up at lunch if you want without the need for tools
- Cant-In-The-Back II - Align your highback with your lower leg for seamless communication with your snowboard. 3 different angles 0°, 3° and 6°
- V-Rod Ultralight Sub base D3O Pad and Baseplate - A rockered design that let's the board flex evenly under the binding. Delivering toe to heel response but side to side freedom. Premium D3O vibration/impact absorbing rubber fills the gaps between the board and the bindings for a smooth flex and to reduce chatter resulting in a super smooth ride
- AuxGrip Toe Strap - All new futuristic injected toe strap that uses an auxetic pattern for unmatched hold and connected-comfort
- Ultralight Ankle Strap - A super-light 3D pad locks together with a supportive midsection piece when tightened, provides light weight comfort that flexes & provides un-matched support for maximum response and energy transmission
- Full Highback Rotation - Align you highback with your heelside edge for optimised heelside response.
- Pivotmount Strap Technology - By having a pivot at either end of the ankle strap you can alter the profile of the strap having it higher or lower. Another way of customising this binding to get the perfect setup for you
- Hybrid Buckles - Brand New Rome Hybrid Buckles are designed to be lightweight, durable and reduce wear and tear to improve the life of your ratchet & straps
- Quickstrap Technology - Tool free strap adjustments.
- Quick Lock Forward Lean - Tool free forward lean adjustment for on the run tweaks.
- Minimalist discs - Compatible 4 hole and ICS channel system boards