Our neoprene-free Yulex® wetsuits are made of 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content.
Our neoprene-free Yulex® wetsuits are made of 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content. Replacing a petroleum-based material with a plant-based one, they offer the same warmth and performance attributes as conventional stretch neoprene while reducing CO2 emissions by up to ~80% in the manufacturing process. Derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance, we blend the natural rubber with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone- and UV-resistance and meet our rigorous standards for strength, stretch and durability. With an anatomical, motion-focused design that maximizes comfort and flexibility while minimizing weight, the R2® Yulex Front-Zip Full Suit is 3.5mm in the torso and thighs, lined with high-stretch, fast-drying 51% recycled polyester/44% polyester/5% spandex inverted microgrid; 3mm in the arms and legs, lined with high-stretch, fast-drying 100% recycled polyester jersey; the face fabric is 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex. The floating front-zip features a corrosion-proof zipper and asymmetrical flap for better seal; the Salmi® zipper is fully replaceable to extend the suit’s lifespan. Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs provide excellent abrasion resistance and increased durability. 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued and internally taped. Easy-access key loop included. Suggested water temperatures: 55–60° F/13–16° C.
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free
- Torso/thighs have 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid thermal lining that minimizes weight, dries fast and offers excellent flexibility
- High-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining in arms/legs improves flexibility and dry time; exterior face fabric made with 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex is durable, stretchy and water-resistant
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued and internally taped
- Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs for maximum durability and anatomic fit
- Floating front-zip with replaceable, corrosion-proof Salmi® zipper for maximum performance and better seal
- Easy-access key loop
- 794 g (28 oz)