Burton Custom X Snowboard Mens - 158 2021 - MEMBERS PRICE
You Save 30% ($285.00)
The 2021 Burton Custom X sits atop the Burton lineup, boasting aggression and precision few boards can match. Burton have pushed the limits with the Custom X, fitting in as much tech as possible while keeping the weight staggeringly low and delivering a stiff, stable, and responsive board fit for the worlds best. For this reason it is the weapon of choice for Burton riders when they need top-tier performance, from steep backcountry lines to world class competitions like the Olympics and anything in between, as long as it involves riding hard, riding fast, and pushing limits. If you can handle it, strap yourself in and you'll forget about every other board you've ever been on.The Custom X also comes in Burtons Flying-V hybrid camber for a floatier, more forgiving, and more versatile ride. Features
- Skill Level: Expert
- Board Type: All Mountain
- Camber Type: Positive - The original, tried and true camber type, and the advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision. Traditional camber is the most aggressive camber type, offering unmatched power, response, and edge control.
- Flex: 8/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff) - Twin Flex - This board flexes the same in the nose and tail, allowing you to ride, pop, and press the same in regular and switch.
- Shape: Directional - This shape features a slightly longer nose than tail, which concentrates pop in the tail while providing extra float and control in any terrain.
- Core: Dragonfly 600G - This core features stronger and lighter woods targeted in specific areas to provide more pop and strength while reducing weight along with end-grain woods in impact zones which allows lighter woods to be used in place of heavier woods, reducing weight without compromising strength.
- Multizone EGD - The wood grain of the core is positioned along the heel and toe edge in four separate zones adjacent to the channel, channeling power from the source directly to the edges for ultimate strength and edge control.
- 45° Carbon Highlights High Voltage - A tip to tail carbon layer reduces weight and contains 45° angled fibres, fine tuning the torsional flex to make a more aggressive ride. The addition of carbon strands to the angled fibre layers adds life to the board and further reduces weight.
- Squeezebox - Squeezebox consists of thicker, more powerful sections combined with thinner, more flexible sections profiled throughout the core. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable.
- Base: Sintered WFO - Standing for Wide F!#@ing Open, this base made from an extra absorbent, high density sintered material that is infused with a specially formulated wax, resulting in an ultra durable base that rides Wide F!#@ing Open.
- Mounting System: The Channel - The Burton Channel system forgoes your traditional 4-screw mounting system and introduces a channel for your front and rear inserts. This allows you to fine-tune your stance width, and gives you more freedom in your stance location. The Channel is compatible with most major binding brands, but works best with Burton EST bindings.
- Infinite Ride - Burton is able to maximise pop and performance by overbuilding their boards in the factory, and then using machinery to break it down for you. This allows your board to ride the same from day one, to day 100, season after season.
- Pro Tip - The tip and tail of this board taper out at the points, reducing swing weight and promoting mobility.
- Frostbite Edges - Edges that extend out slightly underneath your bindings for enhanced edge hold on hardpack and ice.
- Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.