A lot of Völkl's considerable R&D might has been focused on extending the range of it's Titanal Frame offerings this season, and following the success of the M5 Mantra the tried-and-true Kendo was an obvious choice for an upgrade. Lighter, still stable at speed, and somewhat less demanding than the previous version, the new Kendo 88 is a winner that will appeal to all but hard core ex-racer types.Features
- 3 Radius Sidecut – Three radii in one ski for maximum turning and speed versatility in all mountain skiing: long at the tip and tail and shorter underfoot.
- Multi Layer Woodcore – The combination of beech and poplar results in an extremely durable wood core composed of hard wood in the binding area and lighter wood surrounding it.
- Titanal Frame – Metal, yes, but less of it and only around the perimeter of the tip and tail, to retain the performance advantages of Titanal with less weight.
- Carbon.Tip – Tip material layup for high reliability/stability at the lightest possible weight.
- Full Sidewall – Full length sidewalls provide optimal power transmission for the length of the ski.
- P-Tex 2100 Base – A sintered high-density and high molecular polyethylene base with great gliding characteristics and high durability.