Burton Free Thinker snowboard 2023 - 154
You Save 10% ($90.00)
The 2023 Burton Free Thinker is a special snowboard coming directly from the creative mind of your favourite snowboarders favourite snowboarder, Danny Davis. This is Danny's do it all board. You can see him riding it in the half pipe, through park laps, cruising around groomers, and jumping off everything in sight, and its all thanks to his creative outlook on the sport and has directly influenced the design of this snowboard. A powerful traditional camber profile give this board solid edge hold and instant response, as well as poppy ollies, powerful turns, and strong stability at speed. Think freely, approach the mountain differently, and ride whatever you want, however you want.Features
- Skill Level: Intermediate / Expert
- Board Type: All Mountain
- Camber Type: Positive - The original, tried and true camber type, and the advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision. Traditional camber is the most aggressive camber type, offering unmatched power, response, and edge control.
- Flex: 6.5/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff) - Twin Flex - This board flexes the same in the nose and tail, allowing you to ride, pop, and press the same in regular and switch.
- Shape: Twin - Constructed exactly the same tip to tail, this board is designed to provide consistent performance when riding in both switch and regular.
- Core: Super Fly II 700G - This core features stronger and lighter woods targeted in specific areas, which provides more pop and strength while reducing weight.
- Dualzone EGD - The wood grain of the core is positioned along the heel and toe edge in two unbroken zones perpendicular to the rest of the core, which gives consistent edge hold and strength.
- 45° Carbon Highlights - A tip to tail carbon layer reduces weight and contains 45° angled fibres, fine tuning the torsional flex to make a more aggressive ride.
- Squeezebox - Squeezebox consists of thicker, more powerful sections combined with thinner, more flexible sections profiled throughout the core. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable.
- Base: Sintered WFO - Standing for Wide F!#@ing Open, this base made from an extra absorbent, high density sintered material that is infused with a specially formulated wax, resulting in an ultra durable base that rides Wide F!#@ing Open.
- Mounting System: The Channel - The Burton Channel system forgoes your traditional 4-screw mounting system and introduces a channel for your front and rear inserts. This allows you to fine-tune your stance width, and gives you more freedom in your stance location. The Channel is compatible with most major binding brands, but works best with Burton EST bindings.
- Infinite Ride - Burton is able to maximise pop and performance by overbuilding their boards in the factory, and then using machinery to break it down for you. This allows your board to ride the same from day one, to day 100, season after season.
- Pro Tip - The tip and tail of this board taper out at the points, reducing swing weight and promoting mobility.
- Frostbite Edges - Edges that extend out slightly underneath your bindings for enhanced edge hold on hardpack and ice.
- Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.