New for this year, the updated Volkl Kendo 88 Skis have 3D Radius sidecut. That means the mid-skinny speed machine is now quicker and easier edge to edge than ever before. Use the exaggerated long-turn radii in the tip and tail for stability and big GS style turns, and then engage the little radius at the skis waist to turn on a dime without slowing down or losing your edge. The Kendo 88 is an all-around great time for all-mountain piste playing and freeriding.Features
- Rocker Type: Tip & Tail Rocker – Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle.
- Sidecut: 3D Radius Sidecut – Three radii in one ski shape deliver maximum versatility - long radii at the tip and tail for stability and smoothness, and a short radius in the mid-body allows the skier to switch from long arcs to short turns at will, at any speed.
- Core: Multilayer Woodcore – The combination of beech and poplar results in an extremely durable wood core composed of hard wood in the binding area and lighter wood surrounding it.
- Laminates:Carbon Tips – Tip material layup for high reliability/stability at the lightest possible weight.
- Titanal Frame – Assures the most efficient and lively all-mountain freeride performance. By shaping the top layer of metal in just the right way, Völkl engineers created a lighter weight design that maintains stability and adds liveliness and energy.
- Sidewalls: Full Sidewall – Direct and strong power transmission with full length sidewalls.
- Base: P-Tex 2100 – A sintered high-density and high molecular polyethylene base with great gliding characteristics and high durability.
- Binding Compatibility: We recommend a brake width equal to or at most 15 mm wider than the ski waist width.