The Faction Prodigy 0.5 ski is versatile junior ski where you can play and progress all over the mountain from park,piste to powder days.
A rippin' park ski that holds its own on the upper mountain, the Faction Prodigy 1.0 Skis have the pop and power to elevate your freestyle game and still freeride with your bros when you get the call. Poplar core and a dialed directional twin shape make for solid downhill performance and free flowing creativity when you feel the urge.
- Rocker Type: 390 mm Tip Rocker / 3 mm Camber / 380 mm Progressive Tail Rocker
- Flex: 7/10
- Shape: Directional Twin – A considerably skinnier tail width than the tip provides ultimate downhill performance for attacking the mountain. A twin tip in the tail encourages playfulness and freestyle attitude, meaning you can ride switch without problem.
- Surf Zones – Unites rocker and tip taper ensuring these two key features work in harmony. Rocker provides float and facilitates pivoting, while a tapered tip moves the widest part of the ski closer to the center and removes unwanted hooking. Surf Zones promise a floaty, seamless ride in all conditions.
- Core: Poplar Core – Poplar is a light-colored, medium-weight, durable softwood that flexes and pops nicely as well as having a whole load of vibration absorption capabilities. Used as the only wood in this core, it allows the ski to pop, butter and stomp like a park ski and also have enough torsional stability to grip impressively on the downhill.
- Sidewalls: Full Strength Sidewall – This construction places strips of protective material along the sides of each core, between the edge and the topsheet. Sidewalls provide the best possible edge hold and stability when the ski is engaged in a turn as well as protecting the wood core, edges and topsheet from impacts and outside damage.
- Anti-Chip Micro Cap – A hybrid of a premium sandwich sidewall construction fused with a lightweight, durable cap construction. With micro-cap, the sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold and torsional stability while the ski's topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, protecting the fragile joint that can be prone to chipping.
- Edges: XL 2.2 mm Edges – Extra edge thickness gives the skier a pair of skis that absorb shock and impact much better than skis with standard edges. The result is a ski with a much higher life expectancy.
- Binding Compatibility: We recommend a brake width equal to or at most 15 mm wider than the ski waist width.